Saturday, September 15, 2007

Financial goals

Here are my goals for the future. God only knows if we will achieve them, but it's good to set goals even if you don't reach them. Right?

1. Buy a 2nd car with cash in November or December 2007 - and get a GOOD deal. Definately walking in with cash and we WILL leave if they don't give us a good deal. Should be super fun!
2. Finish our Fully Funded Emergency Fund by April 2008. That will be super cool!
3. Start saving 15% of my hubby's paycheck for retirement beginning May 2008.
4. Quit my full time job, work part time, possibly look into being a financial counselor???
5. Once we have kiddos, put away $500 per kid, per year for college.
6. Pay off our house by 2017. I know, sounds crazy, may not happen, but I can be flexible!
7. Double retirement savings to 30% by 2017.
8. Retire early, like 2040, and GIVE GIVE GIVE!
9. Maybe start a fun business? With cash of course!
10. Travel lots!

Sounds like a plan!

No comments: